Wednesday 22 September 2010

Rainy day

I was in Helsinki, sitting in a bar that had very little to offer. Outside was cold, dark, windy and it rained like it was last day on earth. What I decided to do was to call my oldest friend and try to convince him on leaving warmth and comfort of his home and join me for a drink. It took me half an hour to come up with cunning plan. By this time streets were all ready cleared from all pedestrians. That bad was the weather.

"Haloo" he answered his phone.
"Hi, I'm in town." I said. And before I was able unleash my plan he said:
"I just opened Chill filtered 15yo BenRiach with Pedro Xininez Sherry wood finish"

After he said that. I stood up and walked in to the rain.

The whisky was amazing, complex yet easy for pallet. Raisins come to mind first. We didn't go in to too much analyzing it. Sometimses it is easy to forget what Whisky is about when you have your nose too deep in your glass. It is for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment